Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Riders On The Storm


"Take shelter my Child,
In the Heart of the Creator.
Let Him hold You through
The night of Your life's storms.
Let the raindrops bring you rainbows."




Safely on the other side of my pregnancy, I am filled with joy. But I shall not forget the deep and intense journey that led me to this place of symbiotic joy between myself, my husband and my sweet child. I will keep the storms of the past year buried deep for safe keeping in case I need to pull strength from them in a future moment of weakness.

The following journal entry at 35 weeks pregnant memorializes the reverence of my nine month "perfect storm":

"Storms have been in my dreams throughout my pregnancy. I used to see them as bad omens but now I see the beauty. The storms are symbolism for birth.

Storms are strong and fierce. They are from nature with no control from us. We can make an estimate on its arrival and intensity but we're never certain. Storms make beautiful sounds that make people want to cuddle in bed; make love. They scare some people and cause anxiety. Without precautions, they can be dangerous.

They are wet like the amniotic fluid that flows freely or the sacred water birth. Storms bring the rains that lead to the blessings of life: Grass, Crops, Flowers, Drinking Supply. Just as the storm of labor brings the blessing of a chid that will flower and grow and bring joy and fulfillment to all around it.

Storms create a certain mood and have a darkness lit only briefly with lightning. Like a candle lit labor room. Storms can have eyes, with total calmness. Like the utter peace that comes over a laboring woman after her body has completely opened and before she begins the momentous task of pushing a new soul into the world with all her might.

Storms are universal; As is creation, gestation, childbirth and the love that precedes all those. Each are in every city. In every county. On every continent. They don't discriminate and are essential to all life forms. Storms & Childbirth. Each are to be revered. Each we're glad to have passed."

1 comment:

  1. Beyond comprehension, I delivered this child. To this day, and forever, my undying love flows like a river down a great mountain after the melting of a full winter's snow: raging, beautiful, strong and full of life.

    ReplyDelete